Monday, January 7, 2013

A Listing of Links

Also known as: Dan is lazy but wants to blog.


I've been trawling the internet for a while, building up resources that amuse, educate, and entertain. I thought I'd pass a few of them along. Click the names below to go to the relevant sites.




Monsters By Email - Have you ever wanted free, high quality reference art for the monsters in your campaign? How about a set of monsters that are (mostly) free to publish? For the cost of a coffee, each month Monsters by Email will send you 4-6 high quality illustrations, some of which are free for use in professional products.  Now, not every one will immediately fit your ideas, but there's enough to make the cost of entry ludicrously cheap.


The Dungeon Dozen - I love lists and random tables. They are to me an indispensable aid when GMing, or when wanting to amuse myself. I also love the humble D12. So imagine my surprise when I find a blog that is dedicated to both.  None of the lists are entirely serious, but every one is more useful than you might expect. Pop over, give a view and see what tickles your fancy.


Wizardawn - How I never learned of this site until recently, I'll never know. A producer of free retro-style RPGs, system agnostic supplements, and a bushel of random generators.  Of particular interest to me is the world map generator found here, and his fantastic post apocalyptic RPG  "Broken Urthe". Hex map, with legend and adventures that rival those of Thundarr the Barbarian? Please and thank you.

& Magazine - A fledgling Zine aimed at AD&D and other vintage RPGs. A quarterly, free release well worth checking out. Depending on their submission guidelines, you might see a few things from the Puzzled Viking showing up.

So there you have it. A few resources to tease and please the senses.  The question for the week, dear readers... What are YOUR new-found gaming links?

No comments:

Post a Comment