Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Emperor Protects

So, it's been a busy month for me with school. First midterms, now pre-finals crunch is keeping me from writing up a few reviews and working on other projects. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

That is, until that grown manchild checks his mail! Lo and behold, the other day in the post I received a padded envelope, straight from the land of funny accents, cork hats, and killer trees, Australia!

And what was inside this envelope?  Feast your eyes on the image below.





That's right, a Purity Seal courtesy of this little lady! For the princely sum of 15 dollars, it traveled across the ocean and into my grubby paws. Cast in resin and soft cloth, this thing is completely hand done, down to the writing on the 'parchment'.  While some people might complain, I find this an endearing little element, one that ensures no two seals will be the same.


As you can see above, it's a hefty little seal sporting a Fleur-de-Lis, evocative of the Sisters of Battle. The back is an abraded, unfinished white, perfect for filling with epoxy and mounting a pair of pins for affixing the seal to my GM bag.

Using my scientific training, I can safely say that the seal itself is as wide as the top of a soda can, and the paint is sturdy enough to survive my "Lick and buff" regime of tests. Excellent quality, well worth the price.


And what does the seal say?  The shorter bit of parchment is personalized, and draws from our conversations in Skype:

Be Mighty
Talk Sexy
And Victory
Will Be Thine!
--==--
By the Emperor's
Grace

The longer strip is a litany of protection against various threats,  calling on the Emperor to ward the bearer of the seal. Whether this is the standard litany, or unique to my own, I can't say. 

So there you have it.  Really made my day, and well worth the cost. Drop the lady a line, and Emperor Protect!

No comments:

Post a Comment